Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Savandurga Ride



This was 2nd ride organised by IISc Randonneurs , and It was my first 100km bicycle ride. The route they planned was just awesome, they must have put lots of effort in that, hats off to the organising committee. During the ride we came across many beautiful locations like Savan Durga, Manchanbele Dam, ISRO substation etc. but we didn't have time to capture them, because of deadline to finish the trip. Still posting few random pics.

Some points to take out from the trip
- We started at 6.00 AM, I came back at 2.00 PM
- Abhirama was riding slower than me :-) due to various reasons.
- Had some awesome Thatte Idli  at some Village in Magadi Road for breakfast.
- I felt we circled the Savandurga Monolith many a times, sometimes it was on my left, sometimes on right, sometimes straight and everywhere.
- Manchanbele Dam was beautiful and was surrounded by greenary. I recently visited a reservoir with all water dried up that wasn't so good.
- While coming back I drank 4 coconut water, I was searching for all energy sources thanks to Uday's chocolates that helped.
- There was a foreigner lady with us, she had a road bike and was riding really fast, very often overtaking us but every now and then she used to stop. We asked her once, is everything fine ? she replied - Ya everything is fine. I don't know the route thats why I have to follow you guys :-)
- It was like a mini Karnatka Darshan. We covered city, villages, farms, mountains,water bodies, state highway, tourist places etc.




 After crossing Manchanbele Dam, we took a break under this tree for some time.





 Thanks to Varma, his cycle was great





 ISRO substation





 These antenna's were huge





Big Banyan Tree





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers